Provide accounting and administrative support to the finance department. Support accounts payable processes for operations and scholarship programs, including mailing of payments. Assist with paper and electronic records retention and maintenance of financial records including accounts payable documents, journal entries and fixed assets. Prepare journal entries, account analysis and reconciliations for monthly closings, year-end audit, annual budget, 990 PF return, and other projects as required. Assist CIO/CTO with invoice management, expense analysis and administrative support.
- Support A/P Accountant in the operating accounts payable and Young Scholar accounts payable processes. Assist with new vendor set up, including TIN check and contacting vendors to obtain ACH support. Monitor Accounts Payable mailbox for notifications of electronic invoicing. Mail checks and send ACH payment notification emails to vendors. Maintain accounts payable files and financial records.
- Support Grants Accountant and Finance Manager in the Scholarship and Grants accounts payable processes, including printing envelopes and supporting documentation, mailing payments and sending payment notifications. Maintain accounts payable files and financial records.
- Support Controller and Senior Financial Analyst by providing account analysis and reconciliations for month-end close, audit support, annual budget preparation and 990 PF return.
- Maintain cash receipts log and process deposits electronically.
- Maintain all Journal entry support by scanning documents on Finance drive and maintain hard copies in an organized manner. Assist Payroll and Accounting Senior Manager with organization of historical payroll files.
- Provide support to CIO/CTO to ensure timely and accurate processing of information technology invoices. Prepare expense analysis and perform other tasks as assigned.
- Assist Senior Financial Analyst with fixed asset accounting and inventories and prepare and maintain proper documentation for additions and disposals.
- Assist Operations Manager and Finance department with record retention policy.
- Assist with American Express report review, build American Express suggested vendor file.
- Assist Payroll and Accounting Senior Manager with an annual ILP audit.
- Complete monthly outstanding check review and follow up with stakeholders as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 2 years business office experience
- Familiarity with accounting practices
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
- Excellent organizational skills, be detail oriented, and be able to work independently and simultaneously on multiple projects of varying difficulty
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong written and oral communications ability
- Must be a flexible team player
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Great Plains Dynamics Accounting System experience a plus
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter through the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Career Center. E-Verify employer. No phone calls please.