Associate, Outreach and Selection
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Outreach and Partnerships, the Associate, Outreach and Selection is responsible for all outreach communications and components of selection for Young Scholars Program, College Scholarship Program, and Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship. The Associate develops and implements significant components of annual applications and selection processes for Cooke Foundation scholarship programs.
- Presents outreach content via webinar. Supports ongoing outreach for Cooke Scholarships (College Scholarship Program, Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship, and Young Scholars Program).
- Responsible for all components of the Foundation online application system. Works with external vendor to maintain a positive user experience and ensure all Foundation needs are met within system capabilities as needed of all departments within the Foundation. Works in coordination with Chief Technology Officer to ensure security of the application system.
- Serves as the main point of contact for management of response to all application inquiries including external vendors, internal temporary staff and support needed by Strategic Initiatives team members.
- In consultation with Director and Senior Program Manager, leads the development and updates of application processes. Works to design the application and monitor the delivery of processing and selection services. Annually, works to improve forms, address questions, and update processes used in the application and review cycles in collaboration with other departments as necessary.
- Oversees activities related to the selection process, including coordinating application readers, overseeing internal and external reader training and reviews, providing support to readers during the selection period, and supporting program directors and managers to make final decisions about scholarship candidates.
- Responsible for updates to the Foundation’s website that relate to outreach and selection.
- Supports analysis of outreach and selection outcomes by reporting on resulting data under direction of Director and Senior Program Manager.
- In coordination with Director and Senior Program Manager, researches and develops content for emails, blog posts, website, training materials, webinars, presentations, and other recruitment collateral materials.
- Assists in preparation of quarterly board meeting memos, including selection memos.
- Maintains departmental email accounts.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal relations management.
- Minimum of three years experience in admissions and/or scholarship administration.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to work independently and simultaneously on multiple projects within close, overlapping and/or conflicting deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Familiarity with Slate for Admission or Common App are preferred.
- Some travel may be required.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter through the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Career Center. E-Verify employer. No phone calls please.