Associate, Scholarship Selection
Reporting to the Director, Outreach and Partnerships, the Associate, Scholarship Selection is responsible for coordinating all elements of selection for the Young Scholars Program, College Scholarship Program, and Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship. The Associate develops and implements the annual application and selection processes for each cohort of Cooke Scholars. The Associate also serves as a key team member in tracking annual data on applicants.
- Maintains the online application system in Slate and ensures all needs of the Foundation are met within system capabilities. (This role serves as a Slate Captain at the Foundation.) Works in coordination with the Chief Technology Officer & CISO to ensure security of the application system.
- In consultation with the Director, Outreach and Partnerships, leads ongoing support and development of application processes. Works with Common App to ensure scheduled delivery of application data, and monitors application volume and other key data during application open periods. Annually works to improve application forms, update questions, and collect feedback about the applicant experience.
- Oversees activities related to the Scholar selection process; these include recruiting application readers, providing reader training and support, verifying eligibility of applicants prior to review, monitoring review committees, and working with the Director and programs teams in other capacities as needed to select scholarship recipients.
- In coordination with the Associate, Communications, provides updates to the Foundation’s website related to selection.
- In coordination with the Director, delivers periodic budget forecasting to the finance team and develops annual budget for selection.
- In coordination with the Director, annually reviews selection policy and practices to ensure they are grounded in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Assists with preparation of quarterly memos to the Board of Directors reviewing application data, selection processes, and approval of scholarship recipients.
- Other tasks as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of two years of experience in admissions and/or data collection work; experience using Slate strongly preferred.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communication skill
- Strong commitment to antiracism, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and diverse groups toward accomplishment of shared goals. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently and simultaneously on multiple projects within close, overlapping and/or conflicting deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel. High comfort level working with/learning online technology tools, including CRMs.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter through the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Career Center. E-Verify employer. No phone calls please.