Business Solutions Architect
Under the direction of the Chief Technology Officer & CISO, the Business Solutions Architect provides business and system analysis to help manage and maximize the Foundation’s technology resources. The Business Solutions Architect works collaboratively across all departments to understand organizational and operational needs and challenges; recommend standards and processes; and plan, design, develop, and implement IT systems in support of the Foundation’s programs and operations.
- Manage efforts related to project management, identifying requirements, analyzing systems, and workflows/business processes to ensure they meet complex and changing business needs and interfacing with project stakeholders.
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements.
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions
- Make recommendations on operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
- Provide architectural guidance and assure proper data discipline on data architectures found within all business system used within the Foundation
- Assure governance of strategies and direction set forth by the CTO/CISO across all business systems
- Ensure high levels of service delivery, systems availability, security controls and recoverability
- Maintain detailed understanding integrations across business systems within the Foundation
- Supporting day-to-day operations of business platforms with the assistance of vendor support
- Administers, configures, and builds solutions in Salesforce and associated integrations
- Understanding and supporting business procedures of various departments and provide procedural solutions, software customization, or development as needed
- Developing or implementing API solutions and integrations with third-party systems
- Providing advanced support to users
- Promote the establishment of standard operating procedures for staff who operate the business system leveraged by the Foundation
- Working closely with vendors to implement projects, patches, and upgrades
- Other duties as assigned
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IS, or related field required
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in system development environment
- Demonstrated track record of exceptional project leadership/management.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in web technologies, web service/API design patterns, CRM data/systems, Salesforce, relational database engines and Azure technologies is a must for this role
- In-depth understanding of web-based software and API design
- Minimum of 4 years of advanced experience of T-SQL query language and development of stored procedures
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience architecting and managing SQL based relational database engines and data structures
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and business personnel at all levels of an organization
- Ability to motivate and work effectively with groups and individuals toward accomplishment of shared goals. Strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
- An excellent attention to detail and ability to work independently and simultaneously on multiple projects within close, overlapping and/or conflicting deadlines. Outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to supporting and enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter through the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Career Center. E-Verify employer. No phone calls please.