Program Associate, Graduate Advisement
Reporting to the program manager, and as part of a dynamic advising team, the Program Associate, Graduate Advisement will lead comprehensive initiatives to support scholars in their graduate and post-graduate careers. The Program Associate will plan and execute the Cooke Graduate Award selection processes; promote and support scholars applying to graduate programs and nationally competitive fellowships, scholarships, and postgraduate opportunities; and provide advising resources to Cooke Graduate scholars through a wide range of strategies.
- Manage the selection and notification process for the Cooke Graduate Award, including promoting the opportunity to the Cooke community, overseeing the internal review process, making recommendations on finalists to the senior leadership team, and facilitating the onboarding process for selected scholars.
- Develop and promote informative resources, events, and tools to assist scholars directly and through the educational advising team to apply competitively for graduate programs and selective fellowships, scholarships, and postgraduate opportunities. Work with educational advisers to identify and cultivate potential applicants for highly selective graduate opportunities.
- Serve as the main point of contact for Cooke Graduate Scholars. Review requests for program changes and extensions, and make recommendations to the program manager based on Foundation policies. Oversee approval process, including correspondence, data entry, and appropriate communication with scholarship administration team.
- Monitor academic performance and progress toward graduate degree attainment. Review transcripts and Annual Reports. Communicate concerns about students to the program manager and make recommendations for changes in scholars’ status when appropriate.
- Create, promote, and employ a wide variety of engaging and interactive advising resources to support new and continuing Cooke Graduate Scholars, involving campus partners, industry leaders, and Cooke alumni. Use virtual platforms for programming and services.
- Provide periodic individual advising to Cooke Graduate Scholars on academic and career services matters.
- Assist in data collection and evaluation activities to continuously improve advising programming, services, and resources.
- Collaborate with cross-departmental teams to develop and deliver appropriate curriculum for scholars at Foundation events, including Scholars Weekend, and to identify scholars for media and videos.
- Actively participate in Foundation meetings and work collaboratively with others to complete projects and goals.
- Provide help when needed by other members of the Foundation staff on all program-related matters.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Requirements:
- Master’s Degree required, with three or more years of experience with increasing responsibility in undergraduate or graduate student advising.
- Demonstrated familiarity with nationally competitive fellowships and top-tier graduate programs. Some career advising is desired.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to deliver high-quality products and services that resonate with stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Substantial knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- A strong detail orientation and ability to work independently and simultaneously on multiple projects within close, overlapping and/or conflicting deadlines.
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends as necessary.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter through the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Career Center. E-Verify employer. No phone calls please.