Program Coordinator, Strategic Initiatives
Under the direction of the Senior Program Manager, Outreach and Partnerships, the Program Coordinator provides administrative support for the all aspects of the Strategic Initiatives team, including communications, outreach, partnerships, and selection. Responsibilities include supporting the maintenance of the online application system; coordinating the scholarship selection reader processes; responding to scholarship application inquiries; supporting outreach events; assisting with communications and media requests; and providing a high level of administrative support for other program activities.
- Support daily maintenance of the online application system including generating reports to support team analysis and proof reading system communications.
- Coordinate scholarship selection reader processes including confirming participation, supporting system login maintenance, following up to ensure timely read completion and payment of readers.
- Support response to all scholarship application inquiries by email, phone call, text message and live chat in coordination with Associate, Outreach and Selection, third party vendors, and temporary staff.
- Support outreach mailings by researching new outreach contacts, updating contacts in online application system and ensuring that current contacts are accurate and engaged. Contacts include but are not limited to principals, college counselors, community based organizations, professional membership networks, higher education professionals, and grantees.
- Coordinate all internal and external outreach event and meeting logistics including catering, meeting spaces, A/V needs, and shipping materials. Supports booking outreach travel as needed for scholar guests and external contacts.
- Support Foundation website and social media updates in coordination with Senior Specialist, Communications.
- Support external communications by proof reading press releases, website updates (including blog posts), communication emails (including Cooke Chronicle), and social media.
- Support media requests in coordination with Senior Specialist, Communications.
- Support social media engagement on daily basis.
- Support all department reporting and analysis needs.
- Maintain department record of all processed invoices to ensure Director, Strategic Initiatives has a current record for reporting and forecasting needs.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years of experience in education, non-profit, college access or counseling or related field.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
- High-level of comfort with online technology to include CRMs.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently and simultaneously on multiple projects within close, overlapping and/or conflicting deadlines.
- Must be detail-oriented.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter through the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Career Center. E-Verify employer. No phone calls please.