Program Coordinator, Scholar Experience
Under the direction of the Manager, Scholar Experience, supports all aspects of the implementation of programming for Scholar and alumni events throughout the year, including Welcome Weekend, Scholars Weekend, Alumni Summit, Young Scholar sponsored summer programs, regional events, and the Thrive Together campaign. Specific duties include: supporting program contract processes; coordinating deliverable timelines; arranging participant travel; preparing communications to scholars, alumni, and parents; arranging logistics for staff participation; preparing materials and mailings; programming participant surveys and collecting data; assisting with program reports; and providing other administrative support.
1. Coordinates logistics and processes for scholar experience program contracts. Duties include maintaining project calendars, tracking deliverables, initiating payments, completing and proofreading paperwork for vendors, and monitoring and summarizing reports from vendors.
2. Prepares and disseminates communications about program preparations and activities to scholars, parents, staff, and other stakeholders. Copy edits content provided by program partners and Foundation staff, works with Communications to publish web content and/or produce graphics, and works with program staff to compile distribution lists.
3. Works with the scholarships program operations team to arrange participant travel, with lead responsibility for Welcome Weekend, First Summer, and alumni events. Liaison clearly and accurately with travel agency, facilitate unaccompanied minor travel procedures; monitor day-of travel activities; troubleshoot travel problems; and manage travel expense reimbursements.
4. Assists with online event registration, monitors the return of required paperwork for program participants, and updates information for staff and partners to facilitate program implementation.
5. Accurately maintains project electronic files in a timely manner.
6. Provides administrative and logistical support for the Thrive Together campaign, including monitoring scholar and alumni participation, compiling expense reports for pre-approved reimbursements, distributing promotional items; and communicating about activities.
7. Coordinates evaluation survey processes including programming surveys in online survey tools, disseminating surveys, monitoring participant completion, entering data manually when needed into scholarship databases, and supporting program managers and directors to analyze feedback and report findings.
8. Organizes regional scholar and alumni events hosted by the Foundation, including periodic dinners with Foundation leadership or Board members.
9. Arranges logistical aspects of scholar experience staff meetings to prepare programs staff for all events.
10. Helps prepare reports and presentations for meetings with staff, Board of Directors, and external audiences.
11. Provides other administrative support to program staff, as requested, including helping with 1-2 evaluation mailings per year.
12. Other tasks as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Requirements
1. Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
2. At least two years of professional experience required.
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills
4. Flexible team player with strong interpersonal skills.
5. Demonstrated organizational skills; experience with Excel, database systems, and/or events software.
6. A strong detail orientation and ability to work independently on multiple projects within close, overlapping and/or conflicting deadlines.
To Apply: E-mail your cover letter and resume as attachments to: 01_Unpr.firstname.lastname@example.org. E-verify employer. No phone calls please.