Program Coordinator, Young Scholars
Under the direction of the Manager, Scholarship Programs, supports a team of educational advisers by implementing and monitoring student services identified in each Scholar’s Individualized Learning Plan (ILP). Activities include coordinating billing and vendor paperwork, initiating payments for ILP services, creating budget reports, arranging student travel to and from boarding schools, coordinating ILP-related mailings, and administrative support for other program activities.
1. Supports four educational advisers with ILP vendor processes to include establishing contact with vendors, coordinating payments, collecting invoices, and maintaining contracts.
2. Accurately maintains the Young Scholars Program ILP database for approximately 130 Young Scholars; monitors annual ILP budgets, facilitates and tracks ongoing budget adjustments, and compiles data into spreadsheets and reports as needed.
3. Serves as liaison between educational advisers, foundation accounting staff, and vendors to resolve vendor-related billing issues.
4. Performs twice-quarterly reconciliation of Scholar ILP budgets, working with educational advisers to maintain accurate numbers.
5. Serves as first reviewer on assigned Scholar ILP budgets, ensuring that line items are correctly designated and there are no mathematical errors.
6. Collaborates with fellow Program Coordinator to prepare quarterly budget reports and present information at departmental meetings.
7. Runs requested reports for the Program Managers and Directors for the purposes of accurate budgeting, forecasting, and reporting.
8. Serves as an initial contact with select summer program partners, negotiates rates for Young Scholars to attend partnership programs, and maintains accurate records for educational advisers regarding application details and program costs.
9. Assists the Program Directors to build the budgets and track expenditures for professional development and staff travel as part of the Young Scholars department budget.
10. Collects relevant data and updates the ILP Budget Guidelines on an annual basis.
11. Co-coordinates annual ILP letter mailing each May.
12. Process the contract and coordinates logistics for Scholar participation in the test prep program with Marks Education.
13. Orders books, computers, magazine subscriptions, school supplies, software, athletic equipment, art supplies, and other ILP-related items for assigned Scholars; confirms receipt of computers and other items over $1,000.
14. Maintains and handles invoicing for travel and procurement American Express accounts for the Young Scholars department.
15. Arranges travel itineraries for summer programs, boarding school, and college visits.
16. Actively participates in and provides administrative support to staff during Welcome Weekend and Scholars Weekend summer events.
17. Actively participates in foundation meetings and works collaboratively with others to complete projects and goals.
18. Provides help when needed for other members of the Young Scholars and foundation staff on all program-related matters.
19. Other tasks as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Requirements
1. Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
2. Minimum of two years’ experience in a customer service or support role, with substantial independent responsibility.
3. Previous experience in accounting or working with budgets preferred.
4. Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
5. Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel (experience with pivot tables a plus).
6. Ability to work independently and simultaneously on multiple projects within close, overlapping and/or conflicting deadlines.
7. Must be flexible team player, be detail oriented, and have excellent organizational skills.
To Apply: E-mail your cover letter and resume as attachments to: 01_Unpr.email@example.com.
E-verify employer. No phone calls please.