Under the direction of Manager, Scholarships Operations, supports a team of Educational Advisers by implementing and monitoring student services identified in each scholar’s Individualized Learning Plan (ILP). Activities include coordinating billing and vendor paperwork, initiating payments for ILP services, creating budget reports, arranging student travel, coordinating ILP-related mailings, and administrative support for other program activities.
Posted Date: 7/6/2018
Job Location: Lansdowne, VA
Position Type: Employee – Regular Full-Time, Non-Exempt
1. Supports educational advisers with ILP vendor processes to include establishing contact with vendors, coordinating payments, collecting invoices, and maintaining contracts.
2. Accurately maintains the Young Scholars Program ILP database, monitors annual ILP budgets, facilitates and tracks ongoing budget adjustments, and compiles data into spreadsheets and reports as needed.
3. Serves as liaison between educational advisers, Foundation accounting staff, and vendors to resolve vendor-related billing issues.
4. Serves as first reviewer on assigned scholar ILP budgets, ensuring that line items are correctly designated and there are no mathematical errors.
5. Performs twice-quarterly reconciliation of scholar ILP budgets, working with educational advisers to maintain accurate numbers and assists in coordinating the annual ILP audit with the finance department.
6. Collaborates with fellow program coordinator to prepare quarterly budget reports and present information at departmental meetings. Runs requested reports for the department managers and directors for the purposes of accurate budgeting, forecasting, and reporting.
7. Serves as an initial contact with select summer program partners, negotiates rates for Young Scholars to attend partnership programs, and maintains accurate records for educational advisers regarding application details and program costs.
8. Helps the Program Managers to build the budgets and track expenditures for professional development and staff travel as part of the Young Scholars department budget.
9. Co-coordinates annual ILP letter mailing each May, orders ILP-related items for assigned scholars, and confirms receipt of computers and other items over $1000.
10. Arranges travel itineraries for summer programs, boarding school, and college visits.
11. Actively participates in and provides administrative support to staff during summer events.
12. Actively participates in foundation meetings and works collaboratively with others to complete projects and goals.
13. Other tasks as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Requirements
1. Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
2. Minimum of two years experience in a customer service or support role, with substantial independent responsibility.
3. Previous experience in accounting or working with budgets preferred.
4. Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
5. Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel (experience with pivot tables a plus).
6. Ability to work independently and simultaneously on multiple projects within close, overlapping and/or conflicting deadlines.
7. Must be flexible team player with strong attention to detail and have excellent organizational skills.
E-mail your cover letter and resume as attachments to: 01_Unpr.email@example.com. E-verify employer. No phone calls please.