Program Manager, Alumni Engagement
The Program Manager, Alumni Engagement designs, develops, and implements dynamic programming to strengthen the network of over 1,300 Cooke scholar alumni, connect alumni to the scholar community, and celebrate the Foundation’s mission and impact. The program manager conceptualizes innovative strategies to engage alumni, creates a vision embraced by stakeholders, and forges partnerships to expand the Cooke scholar alumni influence within and beyond the community. The manager also executes the annual giving program in concert with alumni leadership representatives. A relationship builder, the program manager manages the performance of the alumni and career services specialist, facilitates alumni advisory committees and chapter leaders, and leads the direction of alumni programming in collaboration with the scholar experience and scholarships teams.
- Envision, lead, and implement robust alumni engagement programming to support strategic goals for community development, fundraising, and recognition.
- Cultivate a vibrant alumni network representing the spectrum of scholarship programs, professional sectors, geographic regions, and backgrounds of Cooke Scholars. Expand and sustain active engagement across the more than 1,300 alumni to support each other, Cooke Scholars, and striving students beyond our direct scholarship programs.
- Develop a strategic communications plan to engage diverse alumni via direct contact, email, videoconferences, alumni web pages, and dedicated alumni digital communities on Graduway Cooke Connect, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Working with the scholar experience team and alumni representatives, lead the successful implementation of the Alumni Summit, in conjunction with Scholars Weekend, and regional or topical alumni events that help alumni connect with scholars and each other, connect with valuable professional resources, and connect back to the Foundation.
- Supervise and mentor the alumni and career services specialist, ensuring effective and efficient accomplishment of strategic goals and supporting ongoing talent development.
- Creates and implements an alumni fundraising strategy to benefit the scholar and alumni community. Cultivates donors, directs communications efforts, and oversees individual engagements and community events.
- Develop connections and programming with high-profile companies and organizations to create a pipeline for employer relationships benefitting Cooke Scholars and alumni. Celebrate alumni career highlights with the Foundation community and external audiences.
- Create and market desirable resources and services for alumni and scholar professional networking, mentoring, and lifelong learning. Lead the development of Graduway Cooke Connect as an effective alumni engagement platform.
- Oversee the accurate maintenance of the alumni database. In collaboration with the Evaluation team, identify ways to capture and update contact, biographical, and career information while minimizing the number of direct requests sent to alumni.
- Share compelling Cooke alumni stories with Foundation leadership, communications team, and broader audiences. Track all external press and communications to ensure a broad range of disciplines and accomplishments are represented.
- Manage the alumni programs budget, researching costs for proposed new activities, tracking expenditures, and recommending changes to increase returns on investments.
- Prepare memoranda and presentations on alumni activities and outcomes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred). At least five years of increasing management experience in alumni relations, communications, marketing, digital media, fundraising, and/or development in a higher education or similarly complex organization.
- Demonstrated experience designing creative programs with track record of exceptional project leadership/management. Superior planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent writing, presentation, editing (text and visual media), and communication skills.
- Ability to motivate and work effectively with groups and individuals toward accomplishment of shared goals. Strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
- Proven work experience with social media platforms with a preference for facilitating and administering groups. Experience with Graduway software would be an advantage.
- A strong attention to detail and ability to work independently and simultaneously on multiple projects within close, overlapping and/or conflicting deadlines. Outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills.
- This position will require occasional evening and weekend hours for alumni meetings and events.
Email your cover letter and resume as attachments to: 01_Unpr.email@example.com. E-verify employer. No phone calls please.