Program Manager for Alumni Engagement
Reporting to the Senior Communications Strategist, the Program Manager for Alumni Engagement is responsible for developing and executing strategic efforts to strengthen the network of Cooke Scholar alumni, connect alumni to the scholar community, and celebrate the Foundation’s mission and impact. The program manager conceptualizes innovative programming to engage alumni, creates a vision embraced by stakeholders, and forges viable partnerships to expand the Cooke scholar alumni influence within and beyond the community. A relationship builder, the manager will recruit, support, and guide the direction of alumni leaders serving on the Alumni Advisory Council, on behalf of Foundation-run activities, and for regional chapters. The Program Manager for Alumni Engagement will work collaboratively with alumni and development peers to coordinate fundraising initiatives, including annual giving campaigns, donor cultivation, gift solicitation, and ongoing stewardship. The manager will play a critical role in connecting alumni to the transformation and vibrancy of the Cooke Scholar community.
- In partnership with the Senior Communications Strategist, establish program-wide priorities, goals, objectives, and key performance indicators. Set timelines, manage progress of self and others towards deliverables, and track outcomes with responsibility for year over year improvements.
- Identify and create meaningful alumni engagement programming, while enhancing tried and true efforts. Encourage alumni leadership of and participation in events/engagement opportunities around the nation and virtually. Evaluate ROI of programming. Think creatively about engagement pre and post events.
- Manage an annual series of alumni-scholar regional activities hosted by the Foundation. Select dates and locations for events, plan and oversee all aspects of event logistics and content, create invitations and publicity materials, manage registrations and track participation, and host activities for maximum engagement and enjoyment.
- Provide leadership and management for the Alumni Advisory Council and regional chapter representatives. Recruit volunteers; cultivate and sustain robust leadership; develop and maintain timelines for activities, including pre-and-post communication schedules; execute in-person meetings; liaise between alumni and the Foundation.
- Implement a strategic communications plan to engage diverse alumni via direct contact, email, videoconferences, alumni web pages, and dedicated alumni digital communities on Graduway Cooke Connect, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Increase personal contact with alumni with the goal of developing a sense of connectedness with the Foundation and scholar community. Communicate to inspire meaningful engagement.
- Working with the scholar experience team and alumni representatives, lead the successful implementation of the Alumni Summit and alumni participation in Scholars Weekend. In particular, recruit and prepare alumni mentors to support scholar academic and career development.
- Oversee the accurate maintenance of the Salesforce alumni database. In collaboration with the alumni program coordinator and the Evaluation team, identify ways to capture and update contact, biographical, and career information while minimizing the number of direct requests sent to alumni.
- Supervise and mentor the alumni program coordinator, ensuring effective and efficient accomplishment of strategic goals and supporting ongoing talent development.
- Collaborate with Foundation development staff to facilitate alumni participation in philanthropic activities to benefit the scholar and alumni community.
- Develop connections and programming with alumni employers and high-profile companies and organizations to create a pipeline for employer relationships benefitting Cooke scholars and alumni. Celebrate alumni career highlights with the Foundation community and external audiences
- Create and market desirable resources and services for alumni and scholar professional networking, mentoring, and lifelong learning. Lead the development of Graduway Cooke Connect as an effective alumni engagement platform.
- Manage the alumni programs budget, researching costs for proposed new activities, tracking expenditures, and recommending changes to increase returns on investments.
- Prepare memoranda and presentations on alumni activities and outcomes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred). At least five years of increasing management experience in alumni relations, communications, marketing, digital media, fundraising, and/or development in a higher education or similarly complex organization.
- Demonstrated experience designing creative programs with track record of exceptional project leadership/management. Superior planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent writing, presentation, editing (text and visual media), and communication skills.
- Ability to motivate and work effectively with groups and individuals toward accomplishment of shared goals. Strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
- Proven work experience with social media platforms with a preference for facilitating and administering groups. Experience with Graduway software would be an advantage.
- A strong attention to detail and ability to work independently and simultaneously on multiple projects within close, overlapping and/or conflicting deadlines. Outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills.
- This position will require some travel, with occasional evening and weekend hours for alumni meetings and events.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter through the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Career Center. E-Verify employer. No phone calls please.