Specialist, Database Administration
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation offers a hybrid work schedule, and all positions have the option of working remotely up to three days a week, with at least two days in the office required.
The Specialist, Database Administration reports to the Manager, Data Integrity and works closely with the Information Technology Staff to fit the Foundation’s technology resources for Scholarship and Alumni Programs to the needs of the Foundation’s Staff. In coordination with IT, Scholarship Operations, Accounting, and Finance, the Specialist develops and maintains the Foundation’s Scholar and Alumni processing systems. The Specialist will provide training and support to Staff to facilitate efficient operations related to the use of these systems.
- Maintains optimal systems for monitoring and analyzing scholarship data and managing payment processing for higher education scholarships and Young Scholar Program Individualized Learning Plans (ILPs), including cost of attendance, scholarship payment information, forgivable loans, ILP budgets and payments, and other awards.
- Prepares data and reports for internal and external use, on a regular basis and as needed by Management, Staff, and the Board of Directors.
- Instructs Staff on the use of recurring reports and efficient use of systems, such as searching, navigation, downloads, and screen views.
- Gathers information from end users to develop consistent and integrated data management systems that streamline data collection, program support, and communications processes for Staff, Scholars, and organization partners.
- In collaboration with IT Staff, the Data Integrity Manager, and other stakeholders develops and improves award and payment processes through the Foundation’s existing IT systems, as well as implements, maintains, and adjusts new IT systems to improve performance. Recommends and implements new or enhanced procedures to improve database design, data collection and storage, and user friendliness.
- Facilitates the alignment of processes and policies between teams and departments. Evaluates and finds ways to streamline and build efficiencies within existing processes.
- Documents the above systems, processes, and policies using the format provided in the Foundation’s Operations Action Guide (OAG).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree plus two or more years of experience in computer science, information science, database programming/administration, or a related field, is required.
- Demonstrated track record of exceptional project leadership/management.
- Proven work experience with database administration and database management software.
- Experience using SQL, PowerBI, and/or Salesforce a plus.
- Strong writing, presentation, and communication skills.
- Ability to motivate and work effectively with groups and individuals toward accomplishment of shared goals. Strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
- An excellent attention to detail and ability to work independently and simultaneously on multiple projects within close, overlapping and/or conflicting deadlines. Outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to supporting and enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation has retained PNP Staffing group to lead this search. Resumes and letters of interest should be directed to Arlene Shapiro, Executive Recruiter at PNP Staffing Group – firstname.lastname@example.org.