Summer Assistant, Events
The Summer Assistant, Events is responsible for supporting administrative aspects of the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation’s summer events (Welcome Weekend – June 17-21, 2020 and Scholars Weekend – August 5 – 9, 2020), including logistical planning, communications with event participants, general office tasks, and other tasks as assigned.
- Assists with all administrative aspects of summer event planning; including development of written materials, making travel arrangements for speakers/guests, assisting with implementation of event mobile application, assembly of registration materials, and management of smaller components of the events.
- Provides on-site support during events, including assisting with attendee travel days, providing ongoing assistance to the Events Associate, and helping with all customer service-related matters for all program participants and staff.
- Communicates effectively with program staff, and as necessary with scholars and their families.
- Works collaboratively with others to complete projects and goals.
- Provides other administrative support to the events department as requested, including mailings and other correspondence.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum of some coursework towards an associate’s or bachelor’s degree.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and abilities and interpersonal relations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be flexible team player and have the ability to juggle many projects.
- Strong attention to detail & organizational skills.
- Access to personal transportation and housing.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter through the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Career Center. E-Verify employer. No phone calls please.