Summer Assistant, Scholarship Programs
The Summer Assistant, Scholarship Programs is responsible for supporting administrative projects for the Scholarship Programs department. Projects include supply ordering, data entry and database maintenance, and document preparation. Provides other administrative support as requested for the programs, including mailing, scheduling, and filing.
- Contributes to the Young Scholars Program and higher education efforts by supporting the administrative work of the program coordinators.
- Assists with purchasing scholar supplies for the Young Scholars Program.
- Assists with database maintenance, including but not limited to data entry and quality control checks for demographic information, grades, test scores and other information as needed.
- Supports the travel booking process for scholar summer travel.
- Helps assemble and process materials for scholarship recipient notifications and graduation mailings.
- Provides administrative support for scholar events, including Welcome Weekend, Senior Summit and Scholars Weekend.
- Provides on-site support during Scholars Weekend (August 6-9), including assisting with attendee travel days, providing ongoing assistance to the events associate, and helping with all customer service-related matters for all program participants and staff.
- Communicates effectively with program staff, and, as necessary, with scholars and their families.
- Works collaboratively with others to complete projects and goals.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must be currently enrolled in coursework towards an associate’s or bachelor’s degree or have completed a bachelor’s degree.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Limited weekends/overtime required.
- Experience in a professional office setting preferred.
- Must be a flexible team player, detail oriented, have strong organizational skills, and have the ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Access to personal transportation/housing.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter through the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Career Center. E-Verify employer. No phone calls please.