Young Scholars Program
The Cooke Young Scholars Program is a selective five-year, pre-college scholarship for high-performing 7th grade students with financial need. It provides comprehensive academic and college advising, as well as financial support for school, Cooke-sponsored summer programs, internships, and other learning enrichment opportunities.
Educational advisers help Cooke Young Scholars maximize the high school experience and prepare to thrive at the nation’s top-performing colleges. Our programming and support includes:
- Identifying an appropriately rigorous high school.
- Engaging in four-year planning and goal-setting.
- Funding for academic and extracurricular opportunities, such as music and art lessons; supplemental academic classes; and technology.
- Annual summer programs, including two required Cooke Young Scholar events.
- Year-round interaction and networking with a community of high-achieving peers.
The Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth