Young Scholars Program
The Cooke Young Scholars Program is a selective 5-year, pre-college scholarship for high-performing 7th grade students with financial need. It provides comprehensive academic and college advising, as well as financial support for school, Cooke-sponsored summer programs, internships, and other learning enrichment opportunities.
“I have a really central belief that potential is universal, but opportunity is not.”
Educational advisers support Young Scholars to maximize high school experiences and to go on to thrive at the nation’s top-performing colleges. Our programming and support may include:
- Identifying an appropriately rigorous high school.
- Engaging in four-year planning and goal-setting.
- Funding for academic and extracurricular opportunities, such as music and art lessons, supplemental academic classes and technology.
- Annual summer programs, including two required Young Scholar programs.
- Year-round Young Scholars community programming.
- Networking opportunities with a high-achieving peer community.
The 2018 Young Scholars Program application is now closed. Final notifications were sent via email on September 10, 2018. If you have not received a notification email, please check your spam filters. If you still have not received notification, please contact us at 800-941-3300 or email email@example.com.
The 2019 Young Scholars Program application will open in January 2019.