Young Scholars Program
The Cooke Young Scholars Program is a selective five-year, pre-college scholarship for high-performing 7th grade students with financial need. It provides comprehensive academic and college advising, as well as financial support for school, Cooke-sponsored summer programs, internships, and other learning enrichment opportunities.
"I remember being like this is where I need to be, this is where I belong," Qian Qian said. "Once I got to Exeter, it just worked. I think that I owe a lot of that to the Foundation."
Qian Qian Tang
Educational advisers support Young Scholars to maximize high school experiences and to go on to thrive at the nation’s top-performing colleges. Our programming and support may include:
- Identifying an appropriately rigorous high school.
- Engaging in four-year planning and goal-setting.
- Funding for academic and extracurricular opportunities, such as music and art lessons, supplemental academic classes and technology.
- Annual summer programs, including two required Young Scholar programs.
- Year-round Young Scholars community programming.
- Networking opportunities with a high-achieving peer community.
The application for the 2019 Cooke Young Scholars Program has closed. Scholarship semifinalists will be notified in May.
If you have any questions regarding your application status, please email email@example.com. If you are having technical difficulties with the application system, we will continue to work with you after the deadline passes to resolve your issues.