Young Scholars Program
The Cooke Young Scholars Program is a selective five-year, pre-college scholarship for high-performing 7th grade students with financial need. It provides comprehensive academic and college advising, as well as financial support for school, Cooke-sponsored summer programs, internships, and other learning enrichment opportunities.
During her high school summers as a Young Scholar, Chionque developed her passion for helping others through two enrollments in CivicWeek, the Foundation’s service learning program.
Educational advisers support Young Scholars to maximize high school experiences and to go on to thrive at the nation’s top-performing colleges. Our programming and support may include:
- Identifying an appropriately rigorous high school.
- Engaging in four-year planning and goal-setting.
- Funding for academic and extracurricular opportunities, such as music and art lessons, supplemental academic classes and technology.
- Annual summer programs, including two required Young Scholar programs.
- Year-round Young Scholars community programming.
- Networking opportunities with a high-achieving peer community.
We are currently accepting applications for the Cooke Young Scholars Program. The deadline to apply is March 23, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. (noon) ET.
If you have any questions regarding your application or the program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Foundation staff usually respond within 48 business hours.