Young Scholars Program
The Cooke Young Scholars Program is a selective five-year, pre-college scholarship for high-performing 7th grade students with financial need. It provides comprehensive academic and college advising, as well as financial support for school, Cooke-sponsored summer programs, internships, and other learning enrichment opportunities.
As we continue to monitor the impact of the COVID-19 virus and receive thoughtful feedback from educators in our community, the Cooke Foundation has extended the Young Scholars Program application deadline to April 15, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. (noon) ET.
We will continue to do our best to support applicants during this time, and remain committed to our schedule of reviewing all applications and notifying scholarship recipients in the fall of 2020.
Educational advisers support Young Scholars to maximize high school experiences and to go on to thrive at the nation’s top-performing colleges. Our programming and support may include:
- Identifying an appropriately rigorous high school.
- Engaging in four-year planning and goal-setting.
- Funding for academic and extracurricular opportunities, such as music and art lessons, supplemental academic classes and technology.
- Annual summer programs, including two required Young Scholar programs.
- Year-round Young Scholars community programming.
- Networking opportunities with a high-achieving peer community.
After serving as CEO of Stanford Student Enterprises for several years, Neveen cofounded The Young Vets, a social impact startup that works with underserved student-athletes, in 2013.
We are currently accepting applications for the Cooke Young Scholars Program. The deadline to apply is April 15, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. (noon) ET.
If you have any questions regarding your application or the program, please email email@example.com. Foundation staff usually respond within 2-3 business days.