Young Scholars Program
The Cooke Young Scholars Program is a selective five-year, pre-college scholarship for high-performing 7th grade students with financial need. It provides comprehensive academic and college advising, as well as financial support for school, Cooke-sponsored summer programs, internships, and other learning enrichment opportunities.
After serving as CEO of Stanford Student Enterprises for several years, Neveen cofounded The Young Vets, a social impact startup that works with underserved student-athletes, in 2013.
Educational advisers support Young Scholars to maximize high school experiences and to go on to thrive at the nation’s top-performing colleges. Our programming and support may include:
- Identifying an appropriately rigorous high school.
- Engaging in four-year planning and goal-setting.
- Funding for academic and extracurricular opportunities, such as music and art lessons, supplemental academic classes and technology.
- Annual summer programs, including two required Young Scholar programs.
- Year-round Young Scholars community programming.
- Networking opportunities with a high-achieving peer community.
We are currently accepting applications for the Cooke Young Scholars Program. The deadline to apply is March 23, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. (noon) ET.
If you have any questions regarding your application or the program, please email email@example.com. Foundation staff usually respond within 48 business hours.