Young Scholars Program Application Period Now Open
The application period for the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Young Scholars Program, a selective pre-college scholarship for high-performing 7th grade students with financial need, is now open!
We encourage potential applicants to read this Young Scholars Program application checklist:
- Current 7th grader
- Mostly A’s and no C’s in core subjects
- Family adjusted gross income under $95,000
- Standardized test score taken within last two years
- Plan to attend high school in United States
- High academic ability
- Demonstrated financial need
- Service to others
- Students: A total of three letters of recommendation: 1 English teacher, 1 math teacher, and 1 personal
- Parents: financial/income information for last three years
- No application fee
- No social security number required
- Average Young Scholar family income: $30,000
Application Deadline: April 14, 2015
Young Scholars Selection: Early fall 2015
Please visit the FAQs page on our website or contact us if you have any questions. As a reminder, we are hosting a Twitter Chat on February 26 from 5-6 p.m. (Eastern Time) for anyone who has questions about the application process or the Young Scholars Program. To register to join our online chatroom, follow this link http://twubs.com/askJKCF or use the hashtag #askJKCF.
Please share the news with anyone you may know who is a high-performing 7th grade student with financial need looking at this exceptional scholarship opportunity. The application period will close April 14, 2015.