Cooke 12 PLUS Internship
Are you passionate about educational equity and ensuring that students who start college get to graduation? Do you have knowledge to share about finding success at a community college and transitioning to a 4-year campus? Are you interested in working with an organization that supports over 1,200 high school and college students every year? If so, 12 PLUS and the Cooke Foundation have a great opportunity for you this summer!
The Cooke 12 PLUS Internship is located at the 12 PLUS office in Philadelphia, PA. The 2017 Cooke 12 PLUS intern will recieve a $5,000 stipend. 12 PLUS partners with Philadelphia high schools to make sure that students graduate with a post-secondary plan and are present on campus the following fall. They also support students through their time in college to ensure that they graduate. 12 PLUS focuses on relationship building and advocates for a holistic approach that both supports student needs and empowers them to help themselves. They have found that the best support comes from peers and near-peers--that's you!
Tasks and Responsibilities
· Work under the 12 PLUS Alumni Director to support a cohort of new and returning college students with financial aid verification paperwork, class scheduling and registration, book look-ups and purchasing.
· Gather helpful articles and resources for college transition and write short weekly social media posts throughout internship; collect and develop materials that can be posted throughout the academic school year.
· Support event planning for alumni school year kickoff event in early August.
· Collaborate on an alumni success story project (video, audio, text, and/or photography--get creative!)--help 12 PLUS tell their students' stories!
· Help develop a campaign for new monthly donors: vision, marketing materials, potential donor outreach and showcase the 12 PLUS mission at donor events
· Be familiar with FAFSA and verification process, and be willing to learn various educational platforms such as Canvas
· Be skilled with various social media platforms, and have excellent speaking and written communication skills
· Have experience with or be willing to learn about grassroots fundraising
· Be equally comfortable working on a team and independently
· Have excellent time-management and project management skills
· Be creative, enthusiastic, self-directed, and willing to learn
The deadline for applying for this opportunity is May 19, 2017. Undergraduate scholars who are rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors, and are in good standing, are eligible to apply. Scholars who have already graduated or who will graduate in spring 2017 are ineligible.
Applicants will be reviewed on best fit for the duties and needs of the internship, including relevant experience and skills as well as scholar goals and aspirations.
The dates of the internship are flexible, but the selected intern must complete at least 320 hours with 12 PLUS between June 1, 2017, and August 31, 2017. At the end of the internship, you must submit an internship report and an evaluation of the program. The stipend is a cash award paid directly to the selected scholar the first week of June. Any travel, housing, or other expenses incurred for the internship must be budgeted out of the award by the recipient, as no additional funding will be provided. 12 PLUS staff will work with intern prior to their move to Philadelphia to find and secure housing.
Contact us at 800-846-9025 or email email@example.com, if you have any questions regarding the 12 PLUS internship.