Student Assistance Program
In conjunction with the support Scholars receive from their Jack Kent Cooke Foundation educational advisers, the Foundation offers the Student Assistance Program (SAP) as a free benefit, designed to help students and their families with personal and family problems. Through this service all scholars may receive confidential, expert advice for a range of issues that may affect the student’s balance of his or her academic and personal life.
The SAP provides confidential counseling by licensed professionals, personal support, and referrals, if needed, to community resources. Services are available in person, online, or by phone. Scholars and their immediate family members have used the SAP for:
- Mental health counseling for issues such as stress, depression, anxiety, substance abuse, eating disorders
- Legal advice for estate planning, family legal services, civil or consumer issues
- Financial advice for tax questions, credit counseling, identity theft, retirement planning
- Life events guidance such as relocation services, housing options, daycare providers, career information
- Personal guidance such as dining and entertainment options, travel, price comparisons